Like in past years, all PhD students will have the opportunity to present their recent data as a poster during the symposium. Poster presentation is a unique chance to discuss your data with fellow PhD students and renowned researchers from different research fields.
- Please, prepare a short presentation (not extending 5 min) in which you briefly summarize the background of your project and specific methods, and highlight the key findings of your work.
- Your poster presentation will be evaluated by a PI/PostDoc team consisting of scientists with a different background in biology than your topic. Therefore, the presentation should be prepared for a broader scientific audience.
- The best posters will compete for three poster session awards. The abstract will not be evaluated for the poster prizes.
- Poster dimensions required: A0 (84,1 cm width × 118,9 cm height) (portrait!).
- The poster registration desk will be open from 8 to 9 a.m. on October 11th 2017. Please be there at this time, since we can not accept later submissions. Depending on the number of sumissions, a second poster session will be arranged which will take place the following day. It has a similar registration from 8 to 9 a.m. on October 12th 2017. Registration on scene for the Symposium is required on both days.
- During the poster session, your poster will be evaluated by a PI/PostDoc team. To this end you will have 5 minutes in which you need to briefly present your poster. The best-scored posters will compete for three awards. Please note that you will receive an active participation certificate only if you presented a poster and registered on both mornings (no poster certificate without attendance certificate).